The second Wild Descent kayak team race has been postponed until April, following poor weather forecasts for later this week.
The four-day, 261km race on the Clutha River was to have started at Albert Town on Thursday and finished at Molyneaux Bay, near Balclutha, on Sunday.
Competitors would have raced in teams of two and camped three nights beside the river.
The Clutha River is already flowing extremely high, following recent rain in the mountains.
With more rain forecast, the organisers felt safety was foremost.
All teams will receive a notification email from the organisers. More information is available on the event’s website and facebook pages.